Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our first snowman...


Gracie is my little snow bird. She has always loved the snow. She is the first one to want to build a snowman, make snow angels, go for sled rides. She and I are kindred souls in this.
Last week we had our first snowfall. Gracie could not wait to get outside and play. We borrowed Grandma's sled (yes, I still have it). Loaded it up with Christmas goodies, and took a starlit ride around the neighborhood delivering treats. We didn't get our snowman made, we are waiting for the next big snowfall to do so. We did stop and plop down in the middle of a neighbors untouched driveway to make snow angels. I don't often get to have one on one time with any of my children, so this felt especially sweet to me. I felt young and free. In case you're wonderng, my back is still hurting and the blister on my ankle is taking forever to heal. It was worth it!!!

1 comment:

Kim Garrett said...

Your post is so sweet! Now I want to go make a snow angel!