Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Home




I love my home. I'm grateful that my home is beginning to fill with children and the sounds of laughter, crying, singing, running, praying and endless questioning. There was a time when I thought that we would never have this and I am so blessed to have the wonderful family that I do.

Home, home...there is something magical about that word. It instantly evokes feelings, smells, memories. I remember when I was little and I would walk home from Summerwind school I would repeat my address in my head. 3321 Spiceland Dr, 3321 Spiceland Dr. I felt so lucky to be going home. Each home I have lived in has felt special, but this year I truly feel overwhelmingly blessed. Blessed with children, with a cozy, safe place to retreat to, a warm fire, food to eat and a soft, warm, increasingly crowded bed.












Home...I am home.

2 comments:

The Pick's Patch said...

Holy Cow! Can I be like you? I love what you wrote! It's so beautiful! I love that you still remember our address on Spiceland....that's so awesome!

MommaArch said...

Wow! Your home looks and sounds beautiful.